Since 1987, we have been providing hope and hot meals to those in need in Mooresville and the surrounding areas.
Our mission is to provide nourishing meals, fellowship, and encouragement to those in need. At the Mooresville Soup Kitchen and out in the greater community, we serve veterans, at-risk youth, the homeless, victims of domestic violence, senior citizens, and the working poor.
What We Do
Since being founded in 1987, the Mooresville Soup Kitchen has been a place of acceptance and compassion. We do not receive or administer government funds. Therefore, we do not require our guests to present identification or qualify for our services. Everyone is welcome at the Soup Kitchen. We are a family and not an agency.
Our mission inside the walls of the Soup Kitchen was expanded out into the community in 2013 with the launch of the MSK Markets, serving more of our neighbors in need than just the 200 we serve lunch each day.
As a faith-based, non-profit organization, we depend on the generosity of our community to fulfill our mission. We have been blessed and are grateful to be able to impact our community more than ever before.
What We've Achieved Together:
- Since launching in February 2013, we now have four MSK Market sites in Mooresville and throughout Iredell County.
- We have served 27,929 people at our MSK Market sites.
- Over 101,378 meals have been provided to MSK Markets from February 2013 to January 26, 2016.
- We have cooked, sealed, and distributed 111,692 prepared meals since May 2013 through our outreach programs.
- We receive 126,000 pounds of food each month!
- We provided 150,375 meals in 2015.
Mooresville Soup Kitchen is a partner agency of Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (SHFBM). SHFBM partners and distributes food and essential grocery items to approximately 550 hunger feeding agencies in 19 counties in North and South Carolina. Agencies served include emergency pantries, soup kitchens, senior programs, shelters and low-income daycares.