Since 1987, we have been providing hope and hot meals to those in need in Mooresville and the surrounding areas.
Our mission is to provide nourishing meals, fellowship, and encouragement to those in need. At the Mooresville Soup Kitchen and out in the greater community, we serve veterans, at-risk youth, the homeless, victims of domestic violence, senior citizens, and the working poor.
What We Do
Since being founded in 1987, the Mooresville Soup Kitchen has been a place of acceptance and compassion. We do not receive or administer government funds. Everyone is welcome at Mooresville Soup Kitchen.
Our mission inside the walls of the Soup Kitchen was expanded out into the community in 2013 with the launch of the MSK Markets, serving more of our neighbors in need than just the 150 we serve lunch each day. We also provide our Food Pantry once a week and individual support to who need it through our Kitchen Connections program.
We depend on the generosity of our community to fulfill our mission. We have been blessed and are grateful to be able to impact our community more than ever before.
What We've Achieved Together:
- Since launching in February 2013, we now have two MSK Market sites in Mooresville and Iredell County.
- We have given out 11,571 at our MSK Markets since 2016.
- From 2016 to present, we have given out 53,120 at our MSK Market sites.
- We have cooked, sealed, and distributed 111,692 prepared meals since May 2013 through our outreach programs.
- We receive 126,000 pounds of food each month!
- We provided 122,959 meals in 2016.
Mooresville Soup Kitchen is a partner agency of Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (SHFBM). SHFBM partners and distributes food and essential grocery items to approximately 550 hunger feeding agencies in 19 counties in North and South Carolina. Agencies served include emergency pantries, soup kitchens, senior programs, shelters and low-income daycares.